Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Not Good-bye, Just Smell Ya Later

Way to Go....ya'll, I mean youse, I mean...um....impetus! Welcome to college!



Last Class:

1. Questions about finals / collect portfolios
2. Finish movie / last discussion of OU
3. Costal finishes Six Flags story...a bit about writing
3A. the pledge
4. tearful good-byes from the class
5. class presents gifts for Costal and ballad they wrote about him
6. Class begs Costal not to go
7. Costal leaves anyway

The Pledge:

List three goals for the Fall (one academic, one social and one leadership/extracurricular)

For each goal, provide three steps for achieving each.

Provide one "reach goal." A reach goal is a goal that will take considerable risk and significant time and effort to achieve. It should be something that comes with great reward though the likliness of achieving it may be slight. This reach goal should be attained by you taking a risk.

How to Write a Goal Statement


Step 1: I will . . . .

Step 2: Clearly state your goal.

Step 3: List objectives and activities to reach goal.

Step 4: Specify date and timeliness to complete goals

Goal Statement:

I will lose weight.

New and improved goal statement:

I will lose 15 pounds by the end of the Fall semester.

Objectives and timeliness:

Begin a program of exercise by September 1, 2010.

* Walk/Jog 30 minutes a day @ 5 AM.

* Play tennis with Jordan every other Saturday.

* Go to the gym after class on Mondays and Wednesdays.

* Get back on the diet I had before EOF started (no more N Wing)

* Record food intake every day.
 
Now, make a promise to our class, something that you or others may worry about succumbing to. It can be simple (I promise that I will only play Xbox for an hour a day during the semester) or it can be complex and deep (I promise not to listen to the negative friends back at home).
 
After initial submissions...the last step, hold our Costal Class family to some promises. Don't call anyone out! These should not contain ANY negative aspect of the person, just something that holds them to something you know they want.
 
i.e.: DO NOT SAY: I will hold Costal to his promise to lose a few pounds, jeez.
 
SAY: I will call Costal this semester when I have time and see if he wants to go to the gym together.

No comments:

Post a Comment