Search This Blog

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Hi everybody!

I have not checked in here yet, and I thought I'd let you know that to better help you guys, I do all of your major writing assignments with you (IE, anything that is getting a grade.) So here's a link to my letter to Professor Skube. It's an Adobe PDF file so unless you have Acrobat reader on your laptop you'll need to use the school computers to see it.

Grab it here.

My first dog was named Scooby. He was part collie and looked nothing like Scooby Doo.

Also, something to think about as it pertains to the whole "How American do you feel?" question. A guy I quite admire, Charles Pierce, who is a regular contestant on the NPR show Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me! wrote a book recently called Idiot America (sounds suspiciously like a somewhat outdated 90s MTV-friendly alterni-punk group you may have heard of.) He bases his entire book on one single phrase that he believes sums up the American mindset and the way Americans think, or more appropriately, the way Americans process information. From my observations of you guys as a class, I think he's sort of right.

"Fact is whatever you believe; truth is how fervently you believe it."

Finally, major kudos to whoever picks through my essay and finds some errors. They are there, lurking. Lurking like an 8th grade boy outside the girls locker room.

1 comment:

  1. I feel a great kinship for any fellow NPR dork...one of my darkest nerd secrets is my affinity for Car Talk & Whatya Know?

    ReplyDelete